Monday, March 1, 2010

Take13: Music Smart

So this is my poem for the Trail of Tom Robinson:

How Absurd!
"Rape!" Screamed Mayella, during her trial in court.
But Atticus knew Tom wasn't that sort.
So he took up the case, though he knew it was a lost cause.
But still we have to give his courage a heart-warming applause.

His brains started working,
and his mouth started shooting,
And soon he had filthy Bob in a spot.
Soon the people realised,
that Tom was the victimised
But the jury decided, "I think not!"

So there went poor old Tom,
He stood no chance.
The rifle let fly
As he took his final glance,
At the horrible world he lived in.

Well if I had to share my thoughts with you,
Boo was the luckier of the two,
And in the end I'd say, "How absurd!"
"They've dared to killed a mockingbird!"

Jotted down during breakfast :) Hope you enjoy it.

Peace Out, Jong.

No comments:

Followers